I was about to put a deposit down on a used Radical SR3. In doing my diligence on radical owners forum the real costs of consumables became more transparent. Several stated overall running costs between 500-700/ hr all said and done. I made the 6 hour drive to look at the both the radical and Rush, and for me that rush was an easy win. The consumables on this thing are just unbeatableDavid this is fascinating real world observations and the kind of things i need to hear. The operation costs you guys are showing are below what a spec miata i was driving 10 years ago cost and this car is significantly faster, just truly astounding metrics. It seems this car car has been well thought out. I was looking at Radicals after having driven a few of them, but the fun factor vs cost in this seems so much better. I need to find a place to try one out.
David, any word on these negotiations?Guys, we are currently working with NASA to get this mod factor reduced. As you will see above the standard mod factor for Sport Racers "Prototypes" with a monocoque chassis is higher at -3.4 for ST2. Obviously that is not us but the current highest mod factor for any other car is a -1, we believe the car should be allowed to be run around 1325# with slicks in ST2. Please note this only applies to cars running in ST2. If you are running in a RUSH SR run group the RUSH rules must be followed, Nankang AR-1s and the stock wing.
Bud maybe I should have been clearer on that point! Yeh the pump gets you there but at my age it’s a work out. Ha! It’s a $20 solution to a $600 problem for some, so I wanted to bring it up as an option. N2 is the way to go always, but it’s not something that will work for a lot of our customers. I bet Ben Glenn could get 400psi out of that thing If you challenged him!David, I used it to pump up my shocks on my 996. The non-proper no loss valve worked fine but I can see how a Schrader and the nicer no loss would work better. I can tell you though it was really hard to pump once the PSI got over 200. I was getting about 1 psi per stoke at that point and it was only the last tiny bit...maybe .5 cm of stroke and that took a lot of force. Nevertheless it worked.