Trying to configure smartycam overlay

James W

Mar 5, 2024
Hi everyone,

I picked up my Rush recently and have been having a ball racing it, so far. One of the highlights is going back to the video to re-live all of the great overtakes ;)

My issue is that my smartycam video display came with a large overlay for revcounter etc, which blocks some of the view of the track, and the revcounter only goes to 8k rpm. I'd like to modify the revcounter as well as move some items around, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to access the display. I have followed the guidance in this forum and believe I have received the current info from the Aim dash/smartycam in race studio 3, but not sure where to look to edit the display on the smartycam.

Any guidance you can provide would be very helpful - please be as detailed as you can!

Thanks,
James

Hi James and all,
Several members have provided great information in the past. I'm sure someone will jump in here.
However, it has been my experience that AiM provides GREAT customer support. I call them regularly and they are always more than helpful.
Just an FYI for all.

Hi everyone,

I picked up my Rush recently and have been having a ball racing it, so far. One of the highlights is going back to the video to re-live all of the great overtakes ;)

My issue is that my smartycam video display came with a large overlay for revcounter etc, which blocks some of the view of the track, and the revcounter only goes to 8k rpm. I'd like to modify the revcounter as well as move some items around, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to access the display. I have followed the guidance in this forum and believe I have received the current info from the Aim dash/smartycam in race studio 3, but not sure where to look to edit the display on the smartycam.

Any guidance you can provide would be very helpful - please be as detailed as you can!

Thanks,
James
Hi James,
I think Matt Romanowski may be on this forum, but not sure. He can be found at Trailbrake.com.
What I know is to go into configurations by clicking on the gear in the upper left of RS3 and selecting your SmartyCam. Open the gear on the SmartyCam line and you'll see the config layout there. For something like scaling the rev counter, click on it and a menu appears below it. Make some adjustments there. John Ryman has a Cayman dashboard for a video overlay so he may have some magic to help you.
Ben