Hello from a lurker

Blacksheep55

May 23, 2024
Hi all - I've been lurking for a bit and really considering getting a Rush in the next couple years. I currently track an S54-swapped E36 (bare chassis build for NASA TT/ST3), which I tow with my Rivian R1T. Previous toys include an 06 Lotus Elise (looks like several of you have Lotus backgrounds), and a few turbo subarus. My home track is VIR (I live less than an hour from there), so hope to see some of you out there this season so I can annoy you with questions.

I've been trying to figure out how much $$ its going to cost me to make the switch, though honestly seems like in the long run it'll be cheaper given the consumables and removing my urge to continuously upgrade/modify/fiddle with my current track car.

What kinds/size of trailer are you towing your Rush SRs with? I'm using an aluminum open 18' trailer now, but would prefer a small enclosed for the open cockpit Rush I think, which will take a toll on my towing range with the Rivian probably.

Picture of my current toy from NASA Hyperfest last weekend:
2024 Hyoerfest JPEG - 2048px FB and Web Use 306.jpg

Reactions: Sam Reed
I tow mine in a 14 foot Haulmark Low Hauler with 12 inch height extension. Just fits in my garage. There’s room for my tools and enough space to move around the car on all sides. I even do a lot of basic maintenance while the car is in the trailer. Need two people to maneuver the front clamshell inside the trailer though. Could just slide it forward out of the way in a longer trailer.

My fuel economy is maybe 5% to 10% lower with the enclosed trailer vs. the open auto hauler I had before.

Reactions: Blacksheep55
I tow mine in a 14 foot Haulmark Low Hauler with 12 inch height extension. Just fits in my garage. There’s room for my tools and enough space to move around the car on all sides. I even do a lot of basic maintenance while the car is in the trailer. Need two people to maneuver the front clamshell inside the trailer though. Could just slide it forward out of the way in a longer trailer.

My fuel economy is maybe 5% to 10% lower with the enclosed trailer vs. the open auto hauler I had before.
Thanks John! How wide is that trailer? Curious if I can get away with a 7x14 or if strapping down will be a PITA that narrow.

I use a 7X16 V-front it works well and tow with a Tacoma. There is room for a tool box and shelves in the V-front. If I did it again I'd go for the 8ft wide. The extra room to put on the over wheel straps would be nice. As stated above it can be done but the extra room would help.

I use a slightlily modified Futura 10’ single axle motorcycle trailer. It’s not enclosed, but it fits easily in a standard garage bay, can be moved by hand, and at about 2100 car/trailer total weight, it tows like a dream. I load backward since there’s no front tow ring and due to winch location near hitch, the cable presses on the front body work if I try to winch with the roll bar & axle strap approach. Car is so light it doesn’t put much weight on tongue. I also use RaceRamp extenders to help with clearance for the splitter. I may remove the tire rack as I really don’t need an extra set of tries for the type of track use I do these days. My tow vehicle is a Jag F-Pace SVR — overkill, but if the Rush has an issue I can always take the Jag out on the track!

IMG_0015.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg