Engine and transmission rebuild question

Lkapust

Jul 3, 2024
I’m considering purchasing (unsure of either new or used) Rush SR and use it for hpde but I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer.
  • Engine/transmission rebuild - Can I have the engine rebuilt by my locally Suzuki dealer(live in WA State) and transmission rebuild by local transmission or motorcycle shop? Or are there custom modifications done to the engine by RAW that require a RAW certified mechanic?
I understand in order to compete in events the engine needs to be sealed. I don’t plan on competing in events (mainly because there are no events available near me that I’m aware of-hopefully soon), so I’m not concerned about a sealed engine.

I appreciate any feedback anyone can provide.

you pretty much answered your own question.
if your not racing in the rush spec series then you or anyone can do the rebuilding or service work on the engines.
if your racing in spec then RAW has to do the work to make sure the engine are kept in spec with the series.

the good is the suzuki engines are extremely reliable.
we are now well over 130 track events not days at the tracks but events with some being two and three day events and our cars are two years old now with out having any problems with them. I'm at the point that when I'm doing the cars pre event prep I'm looking for things to do on the cars.

Reactions: TimG