Lotus Tribute Car

Greg — I’ve bought some of your stuff for my various lotus cars — loved all of it! I’m currently Lotus-less — but I doubt that will last. Cancelled my order for a 1st Ed Elmira AMG — needed a daily driver to compliment my wife’s Macan GTS (soon to become my tow vehicle when the Jag F-Pace SVR lease ends in November) and she liked the Caddy CT4-V Blackwing. . . As did I. So, as they say, happy wife, happy life (we’re celebrating our 45th anniversary in August). My deal with her is I can have any car I want, whenever I want — but I cannot have a girlfriend (at my age, I don’t want a girlfriend — it’s not the acquisition or even maintenance costs, it’s the exit costs!). Hence the long and tortured but fun history of BMW, Porsche, Fisker, Lotus, Alfa, Zenos, Jag, Rush etc. In the Emira v Caddy decision, I decided to not push that as, after all, I’ve got my Rush!
Thanks Jeff!
Hopefully you will get another Lotus lined up in the future and still keep the wife happy! haha The new Emira is a great car, we received ours in March finally.
Im getting my Rush this week it looks like so hope to see some you guys at the track!

Reactions: AddLightness
Thats a beauty!!
My Rush is going to be here Thursday (that escalated quickly lol) Im thinking I may do the Lotus gold leaf F1 livery on it since you have the 311 theme already.

Sam Kim had a beautiful JPS livery done; Jeff Schneider owns it now. To my knowledge the gold leaf / red livery has not yet been done.

1716308559591.png

Reactions: GRP
For all you Lotus enthusiasts out there with a size 42 shoe.

New, in box Hunziker Lotus Edition casual driving shoes. Comes with individual shoe cover bags, an extra set of inserts, laces and stickers to add to the "number plate" on each shoe.

Gift from a friend. Listed for $125 on the Hunziker site.

Make me an offer.....

Hunziker Lotus.jpg

Hunziker Lotus 2.jpg

Hunziker Lotus 3.jpg

These could be your display models? 😆
Hahaha. Perhaps an idea. Unfortunately, I’ve got too much s__t being displayed around the house as is.

The latest addition is a Lego Lotus made by a young kid for my 50th bday. How do you say no to and not display that?

Hi All - maybe I haven’t found it but before I finally get time to schedule a test drive I have been trying to find any descriptions regarding the driving dynamics of the Rush.
I finally then stumbled on this thread of fellow Lotus owners!!
I have tracked my 2008 Exige since new. I really love it but with its (ha, and my) age it is becoming increasingly more effort/time and money to maintain. The Rush on paper seems to check many of the boxes I am looking for to perhaps retire my Exige from primary HPDE track duty.
I would love it if someone could try to convey how a Rush drives as compared to a Exige/Elise or even 211.
Maybe hard to do? I know setup plays a large part. Does it rotate more/less aggressively? Trail breaking behavior? Power off or on to rotate? Power on or neutral to recover oversteer? Is braking more or less stable? How does it handle curbs? Basically is it possible to describe the differences you noticed. Anything that you miss from the Lotus?
Did someone already discuss this and I just haven’t found the tread (pointer please!)?
Thanks all! I hope to get a test drive booked soon!

Last edited:
Hey @Eric H .

I've had a 2009 S260 since 2020 so I can probably relate. I also spent some time in a 311.

The Rush is a lot more like the S2 platform than the S3, probably even more like the S1 which I have not driven. It is sharp, responsive, very low, and in my opinion easier to drive. Like the Elige platform, it's mid-engined, but unlike it, it's a lot less likely to come around on you unexpectedly. Interestingly, the more oversteery you make the Rush platform, the less likely it is to unexpectedly spin, because you quickly learn to feel the edge of traction and correct. Power on to recover oversteer or you can even lock the wheels with hard braking and keep it straight.

The rack is very quick, quicker than on an Elige. It is fully manual, so it is a bit more difficult to turn than a street car but gets easier at speed. It is still a workout. I like it a lot. Like running a sim at higher force feedback levels, this gives you more feel and control.

Rotation aggressiveness is really a function of the setup. Out of the box, it is understeery. This is good for new drivers. But soften up the front, harden the rear, put a competition splitter on it, and you'll be rotating as fast as you want. It responds incredibly well to trail braking. Since you can left foot brake, it's easy to brush the brakes and get extra rotation - even when on full throttle. This was very helpful at Lime Rock Park around 2 and 7. You can also get extra rotation by keeping the revs high. See how Blair does this here.

Braking is very good. It takes some work to get all four to lock simultaneously, and it depends on your setup. We see some of our faster drivers running full front bias and even some slightly more aggressive pads on the front.

Curbs are rough. You learn which ones you can handle. Generally, whatever would upset an Elige will upset this too. But you're not necessarily going to spin because of it. I hit the inner curbs a few times on 6 at LRP this last weekend and while it got me some air, it didn't hurt more than my pride.

It's loud inside. Wear earplugs.

Mental load is reduced over an Elige. The visibility is miles better due to the open cockpit, and the paddleshift means you're not spending effort heel-toeing when you could be hitting your marks instead. It's easy to shift 3x/second, perfectly.

Maintenance is easier. There are more maintenance items (like the chain), but they are supremely easy to get at. Being able to take off the body without tools is sublime. The car is so short with the panels off that it is incredibly easy to load on and off a trailer. You can lift the front end off the ground and pivot it.

While my S260 had the same power/weight as the Rush, I was immediately faster in the Rush. I eventually became > 10sec faster at Palmer, hitting a 1:42 when my best ever in the Exige was approx 1:53. Some of that was experience, of course. I haven't tracked the Exige in a while. It feels silly in comparison.

In terms of what I miss from the Lotus, it still is fun to drive a stick from time to time. It vibrates less and it's quieter. You can drive it on the road or take a passenger. The ability to take a passenger is probably the thing I miss most - it's so much fun around the circuit, I want to show people!

Reactions: rdesjar and Eric H
Sam, I really appreciate the Lotus compare and insight! Thank you! This is a quick reply but I have (and will again) seriously digest your reply. Seems like all positive comparisons.

Reactions: Sam Reed