How-To: Create Custom AiM Dash Layouts

Sam Reed

Sandwich Retriever
RAW
Dec 14, 2022
Palmer, MA
In discussions with our best-looking owner, I thought it would be interesting to have people post their dash configs. I've uploaded my MXS config, so you can simply import it (BEWARE, it will delete all your existing dash settings!) if you just want a good "getting started" config.

Here are some clickable photos:

Diagnostic

Screenshot 2023-01-12 10.08.01.png

Focus

Screenshot 2023-01-12 10.07.35.png

Warmup
Screenshot 2023-01-12 10.07.39.png

Race1

Screenshot 2023-01-12 10.07.45.png

Race2
Screenshot 2023-01-12 10.07.55.png

Last edited:
Great idea to share layouts etc. This is our race dash layout we use for all the Turn 17 Cars, super simple with just the pertinent information. We load up 3 pages on all our dashes, with a diagnostic like that shared by Sam and another more 'Road' type dash. Most guys just leave it on Race most of the time.

T17_Race_AIM.png

Attachments

• T17_Race_AIM.png
    T17_Race_AIM.png
    686 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Had an interesting discussion yesterday about fuel level. We get infector fuel from the ECU. There should be a way we can total that over time, calibrate that and get fuel burn to get a total of fuel used as a tank gauge?
That's a really interesting idea! I'll try it on some back data I have.

Had an interesting discussion yesterday about fuel level. We get infector fuel from the ECU. There should be a way we can total that over time, calibrate that and get fuel burn to get a total of fuel used as a tank gauge?
What's the unit the ecu gives? In injector pulse width or flow/s? Either way yes in a more or less complicated manner. You can make a math channel which sums up a value x times per second. With flow you'd just sum the flow value / sample rate. i.e. 1l/s at 10hz over 1 second would be 0.1l summed 10 times = 1 liter.

Just get to an accurate flow/s channel and apply the integral function to it.

Last edited:
Assuming this is the per-cylinder FUEL streams (`SDS FUEL1-4 max10`), they just move from a minimum of 23 to a max of about 90. Unclear what the unit is. I do have a session where Blair nearly ran out of fuel, and a simple `INTEG("SDS FUEL 2 max10")/3600` leads to a total usage of 20.1L, which is pretty damn close!

1673619386381.png

Last edited:
Oh, this is less useful than I imagined, because it doesn't seem the dash is actually capable of running an integral math channel live - it's only an analysis feature.

In discussions with our best-looking owner, I thought it would be interesting to have people post their dash configs. I've uploaded my MXS config, so you can simply import it (BEWARE, it will delete all your existing dash settings!) if you just want a good "getting started" config.

Here are some clickable photos:

Diagnostic

View attachment 255

Focus

View attachment 251

Warmup
View attachment 252

Race1

View attachment 253

Race2
View attachment 254
I straight up LOLed. Touché @Sam Reed
The new dash was amazing compared to the one I was using before. Thanks for the help brotha!

Great idea to share layouts etc. This is our race dash layout we use for all the Turn 17 Cars, super simple with just the pertinent information. We load up 3 pages on all our dashes, with a diagnostic like that shared by Sam and another more 'Road' type dash. Most guys just leave it on Race most of the time.

View attachment 257
Steven, is the "+- Ref. Time" pre-set or you have to create a specific channel for that?

I would love to have that and I don't recall seeing that. Predictive Time kinda does the same thing but i'll rather use +- ref time.